With July almost over I am sure children are often looking for things to do and parents too. I remember when I was younger we spent all our time outside and on rainy days we often found ourselves inside wanting to be outside. My little one is the same way and I am often wondering what we can do, so I decided to start this list to share with you.
For Outside Days
- Visit our local playgrounds
- Picnics at our local parks
- Hikes on our local trails
- Run through the sprinkler or play in the wading pool
- Explore our city – play tourist for the day
- Camp out in the backyard
- Check out our local farmers’ Markets
- Backyard fun – Bubbles, Frisbee, T ball, kicking around the soccer ball
- Story time on the back deck or front patio. Enjoy the fresh air while we are reading.
For Rainy Days
- Story time at our local libraries
- Crafts – Search on line for ideas or we use our imagination.
- Play Cards. We play Go Fish and it helps with number recognition.
- Have a Puppet show (Why not make the puppets too. Mismatched socks work great)
- Have a Movie Day. Pop some popcorn and curl up on the couch.
- Make a fort and enjoy the time reading and snacking.
- Have an indoor picnic.
- Play board games.
- Manicures and pedicures – my Little One loves this. And so do I!
- Dress up!
What are some of your rainy day activities?